I have always loved the idea of thick beautiful hair and as I am a Super-impatient person to grow my hair out and always hungry for new haircuts, I end up chopping my hair off every now and then.
But it doesn’t matter, be it short or long – gorgeous hair is all we live, desire and try for.
So I am sharing some of the home remedies I invest my time in – Every week: Without Fail, No compromises. (Sundays are reserved for my Hair-Care – but feel free to do this more than once a week).And Believe me when I say this, I take my Sundays Very seriously!!! 🙂
FYI: I travel every week for my job so my hair is always all over the place, going through different weather conditions, poor Eating habits and water changes. My hair sometimes doesn’t get the nutrition and support it needs, which in turn leads to dry hair which could break out easily.Soooo, I always try to take extra care to keep it clean and healthy. Because, good hair day makes me feel like I can rule the world!!! I hope you feel the same way.
All right, jumping into two remedies, I have tried and works best for my hair. And know what: They work for any hair type J
Home Remedy 1:
- Castor Oil hair Mask : I have started this very recently since I heard someone talk about the amazing benefits of Castor oil on hair, skin and Body .Read about the Benefits of Castor oil online (I don’t want to copy paste that since its available online).
- Pour few drops of coconut oil and few drops of castor oil (I mix it with equal portions) and micro wave for 30 seconds.
- Apply the mixture on your hair and Ensure your scalp is fully covered.
- Keep it on for 30 mins – 1 Hour and wash it off really well with any shampoo you use.
- Use it weekly once or twice and notice the change in 6 weeks.
Benefits of this Hair mask:
- Increased hair growth and controlled hair loss
- a natural conditioner and moisturizer
Where to buy:
I use cold pressed coconut oil from Costco and Below is the link to Castor oil I use from amazon:
Home Remedy 2:
- Onion hair Mask : This is my favorite hair mask and I have been using this for over an year now (Again – Every Sunday J) : Onion has a high concentration of sulfur that helps with numerous hair conditions that cause hair to fall out.
- Based on the length of your hair (Mine is shoulder length, so I use one medium sized onion).
- Peel off the outer layers and chop the onion and toss into a blender and make Onion juice out of it.
- Place the pulp in a strainer (I use a muslin Cloth to do this) and squeeze out the juice as much as possible.
- Now, massage the juice on to your hair (roots and scalp) and keep it on for 30-45 Minutes
- Wash with shampoo of your choice.
Benefits of this Hair mask:
- Onions are rich in Sulphur, which is known to minimize breakage and thinning
- They are naturally potent antioxidants, which is why they help reverse the effects of premature greying
- They have anti-bacterial properties and help fight infections of the scalp. This in turn helps reduce hair fall as scalp infections can cause massive loss of hair